Friday, July 2, 2010
American Flag Cake!
My brother Will’s birthday is today so this post is in honor of him, Happy Birthday! Growing up, my family would go to our beach house in Lewes, DE for the Fourth of July. Every year my Nana would make this amazing flag cake for Will’s birthday, and it quickly became a family tradition. I have tried to duplicate this cake many times, but for some reason it never tastes as good as Nana’s! So I am passing along the recipe in honor of the Fourth of July and family traditions! Do you have any family tradition recipes that you would like to share? If so, share with us!
- 1 box of your favorite cake mix and cake ingredients
- 9 x 12 baking dish
- 1 package of fresh strawberries
- 1 package of fresh blueberries
- 1 container of vanilla icing
1. Bake the cake according to the directions on the box.
2. Let cake cool.
3. While cake is cooling, wash and slice the strawberries lengthwise and wash the blueberries.
4. When cake is cool, use the vanilla icing and cover the cake.
5. Then proceed to make the flag by following the pattern in the picture!