Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Welcome Michelle!


I Do Details Events is super excited to welcome Michelle to the team! Michelle is the best assistant ever and I couldn't do these events without her! After our most recent event,  we chatted about Michelle blogging about her experience from a different perspective. So with no further adieu here is her blog post...enjoy!
Day One as an I Do Details Assistant:

The day began with Kate and I praying that we’d beat the race traffic while heading to Lake Norman for Jennifer and Ryan’s big day. Kate is a stickler for being on time, so we left with plenty of time to spare! And good thing too, as we definitely hit some traffic and managed to arrive right on time (number one awesome thing about Kate: her punctuality).
The second we stepped out of the car at the lake, I knew I was in trouble. The Charlotte humidity hit me like a sledge hammer as the first beads of sweat dripped down my face…and it was only 1:00 p.m. I had five more hours of set-up to get through. Luckily, Jennifer has amazing parents and they have amazing friends, who made sure we always had water and a cool place to change before the wedding (number two awesome thing about Kate: she knows I’m heat-challenged).
I was in charge of the groomsmen and thought it would be an easy job! It was…until one of the groomsmen didn’t come out of the bathroom until 10 seconds before he was due to walk down the aisle! I had rounded every one of those groomsmen up, but he slipped out of line without my knowledge. Luckily, he made it on time…crisis averted.
I felt especially important when it was time to cut the cake and for the Father of the Bride to give his toast. As the FOB geared up for his big moment, we suddenly realized that he had no microphone. I immediately tried to sprint towards the stage, but was thwarted by a mass of 200 people gathering around the cake. After saying “Excuse me, pardon me” at least 100 times, I made it…just in time for one of the band members to tell me he didn’t think the cordless mike would work at the back of the tent. It was a risk I had to take…and luckily, the mike worked perfectly (number three awesome thing about Kate: she appreciates my take-charge attitude that helped in this situation).
One thing about Kate is that she NEVER complains about her job as a wedding planner because she absolutely LOVES it. Whenever I ask her about the weddings, she goes into great detail to describe the various elements of the day (all the amazing decorative details, a potential mishap prevented by Ms. I Do Details herself, or the way a FOB included her in his toast). She has never once explained that you will lose all feeling in your feet, that your pedicure is bound to get chipped, or that when you tell the groomsmen not to lock their knees, you should remind yourself of that fact too. However, Kate did prepare me for the chills you get when you watch the groom as he sees his bride for the first time and the elation you experience after you have helped make a couple’s dream wedding come true!
Looking forward to sharing more about my experiences in future blog posts!
xoxo- Michelle





2 comments:

  1. Go Mich! Great 'insider' post! I know you were a great help to Kate, with more events to come. Keep blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Kate and Michelle....yous twos are gonna have some fun together.
    Herms

    ReplyDelete